Microsoft Dynamics AX for Distribution
The Distribution solution in Microsoft Dynamics AX connects sales and purchasing processes with logistics, production and warehouse management to provide real-time visibility throughout the supply chain.
AX for Distribution empowers people to work fast and smart with Role Centers that organize relevant tasks, information and tools in a personalized view. Supply chain managers can gain deep insight into customer and supplier account data, pricing trade agreements, and inventory with access to Role Tailored reports and custom data cubes. Warehouse managers can easily access tools to help them optimize item storage based on location types, space, pallet heights, and temperature requirements.
Transportation Management introduces global enterprise transportation planning and execution capabilities. Manufacturing, distribution and retail companies will benefit from a Transportation Management System (TMS) that flexibly supports changing and growing business demands. TMS helps businesses and IT users will gain visibility and control via a user-configurable rating structure.
Enable intuitive transportation planning:
- Inbound/outbound shipments.
- Multi-shipment loads.
- Shipment consolidation.
- Load building.
- Reconcile freight automatically or manually.
Send advanced shipping notices to customers and manage docks with appointment scheduling:
- Driver check-in/check-out.
- Driver log management.
Shop transportation rates, by carriers. Configure rating structures based on:
- Customer constraints.
- Fuel prices (by state, country/region).
- Toll charges.
- Multi-mode and multi-segment planning and execution.
Manage routes via transportation engines.
- Standardized integration framework that further optimizes route planning by integrating distribution process with route planning systems.
- Synchronize shipments by creating shipment schedules that track shipping schedules using ship departure dates.
The automation of warehouse processes help reduce operational costs which can be translated in lower prices for customers. Warehouse managers gain visibility and the ability to effectively control and run their put away, quality control and picking warehouse operations. And, with a flexible warehouse workflow engine, warehouse managers will be able to rapidly respond to any changing business demands.
In addition, handheld device capability, which comes out of the box, gives warehouse workers scanning precision and enhanced performance in picking and put away processes.
- Optimize warehouse layout
- Configure workflows
- Inventory Dimensions & Control
- Advanced Load Planning and Dock Management
- Wave Processing Metrics
- Quarantine Management
- FRID & Barcoding
- Placement & Storage
- Deferred Reservation Strategy
- Quality management integration
- System Directed Cluster Picking
- Mixed SKU License Plate Locating
- Serial No & Batch no control
- Retail Flow Through support
Demand Forecasting is a lightweight, yet a powerful tool that enables organizations to forecast demand based on historical data, adjust the forecasted demand using the familiar environment of Microsoft Excel, and import the values into Microsoft Dynamics AX forecast models.
Demand Forecasting will help organization improve the accuracy of forecasts and therefore improve product availability, and minimize inventory costs.
- Forecast demand with statistical baseline forecast generation based on historical data.
- Support an iterative forecasting process with baseline forecast visualization and editing using the extended capabilities of Excel and SharePoint.
- Create forecasts per product family and choose desired inventory dimensions to include in the forecast.
- Forecast accurately by monitoring forecast accuracy KPIs.